Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reviews

When you are an author and your work is out there for the world to see, you will get reviews.  Some are welcome and others are not.  Some are good and others are not.   Today I received a so-so review and I'm still wrestling with how I should feel.  On one hand, a review is a review and regardless, it's publicity; yet on the other hand, my skin is not as thick as I would like and it still hurts.

It's funny to me that some people LOVE my first book Be Careful What You Wish For while others are not all that thrilled.  Then others LOVE the second book Not My Mother's Son while others are not all warm and fuzzy about it.  Then some LOVE the first book but don't care for the second and vice-versa.  It just shows how everyone has a different opinion of what they like or don't like.  It's not the quality of the writing or what you have to say, it's just different tastes and that's okay.  Differences make us all unique.

Remember, there is no such thing as a bad review.  Any time your name and your work are mentioned out there, it's a good day.

www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment