Friday, June 14, 2013

Public Life


Being an author is a surreal feeling.  Typically I live as my normal self; working, eating and sleeping.  It's those times I get to go out and make an appearance of some sort as R. K. Avery that make me feel alive.  I feel like I'm playing a role of another person and R. K. Avery is a lot more interesting than little ole me.  People actually come out to see me.  To meet me.  To shake my hand.  To get my autograph.  I hope it's something I never get used to and never take for granted.

I have been fortunate enough to have several press leases issued on my behalf.  I have several of them framed and hanging in my office next to my computer so I can see them a realize why I enjoy writing so much.  There are links to each on my website if you'd like to read them. 

The latest was released yesterday, June 13th.  It's very well written and mostly about my second book, Not My Mother's Son.  If you haven't had a chance to read the book, please do and drop me a line and let me know what you think.  I always enjoy talking to those that have read my books.  Their encouraging words keep me doing what I love to do.  The links for the latest press release and my website are below.

Press Release - June 13, 2013

R. K. Avery Website


“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”
~ Oscar Wilde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment