Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birthdays

Nineteen years ago today my little girl was born.  It was 5:35 AM and after being 8 days late, she was ready.  She came out perfect; beautiful pouty lips, blue gray eyes, with ten little fingers and ten tiny toes.  When I looked into her eyes I felt a love I had never felt before.  I said a prayer asking God to watch over her and protect her when I was not there.

Through the years we have had our ups and downs.  I've been angry, she has been angry, we both have said and done things I'm sure we regret but at this point I can say, she is one of best friends.  She has grown into a mature, beautiful person and I am so proud to be her mom.

That being said, how can I have a daughter who is 19 when I'm only 29?  lol

Happy Birthday Kayla.  I love you with all my heart.  Great things are yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment