Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Even though I'm middle-aged, I am still fortunate to have my dad and he is still pretty healthy for his age. My dad is one of the sweetest, funniest, nicest people and I'm so glad to be his daughter.

His sense of humor keeps me laughing.  Having been born in Virginia, all the one liners and things he says are so unique and funny.  Like he'll say, "I'm feeling as fine as the hair on a frog's back."   I got him a game for Father's Day and on the front it said FOR AGES 8 to 98.  He said, "I have 18 years to play with this."  You can't find these in any book and that's what makes them so special.

Yesterday him and mom actually came up and spent the night.  The older they get, it happens less and less frequent but I always love having them here; I love taking care of them for once.  I heard someone ask him if he was going to be home the last weekend of the month so they could come visit.  He said, "We're always home.  We're probably there now," as he was sitting in my living room. 

For Father's Day I got him a new fly swatter.  The one he had was probably 30 years old.  He called it an antique.  I think it had more duck tape than it did swatter material holding it together.  I asked him once why he doesn't use camouflage tape so the fly doesn't see it coming.  I think I get my sense of humor from him. 


Anyway, Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there.  I hate to break this news to you but I got the best one.

I love you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment