Thursday, June 20, 2013

Personal Space

I know human beings are curious by nature.  I understand people want to know things but it always amazes me how people, practically strangers, think they have the right to ask really personal questions.  Yes, I am an author.  Yes, I guess that makes me a public figure.  I don't mind answering questions about my books, the titles, where I got the idea, how long it took me to write them, where I come up with the characters, etc., but when you ask me how much money I've made so far, that is crossing the line.

You wouldn't walk up to a person who is a doctor or a CFO for a major company and say, 'How much money do you make?' so why is it okay to ask me?  That's right up there with 'how much do you weigh' or if you are past the age of holding up fingers, 'how old are you?'  Some things are better left unasked or unsaid.  Think before you ask and if it's a question you wouldn't want to answer, then don't ask someone else.

Today's Quote:  Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment