Thursday, June 27, 2013

Luck

Many people were born lucky; things just happen to them and for them.  It's like they exist under a constant rainbow of Skiddles.  I've never been one of those people. 

I've worked hard for all I have.  I went to college and earned a Bachelors degree, while working full-time with two children under the age of six.  I continue to learn new things and not long ago I enrolled in a one year creative writing course, to learn how to write children's books.  In January my husband and I went to a cooking class.  It was lots of fun and I wouldn't mind doing it again.  I taught myself to knit several years back and I made enough scarves, if tied end to end, I could have scaled the Empire State Building. 

Currently, I am trying to memorize all 50 states, in alphabetical order, in addition to their state capitol.  I'm not sure why I want to do this but it seems interesting to me.  So far, by the way, I've memorized all the A's; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona and Arkansas.  I know I have a long way to go but I don't mind and it's fun for me.  Did you know that 32 of the 50 states end with a vowel? 

But the best luck I've had was the day I signed with my publisher, Brighton Publishing.  They are the kindest, nicest bunch of folks and they treat me like family.  We don't talk or communicate every day but I know they are there if I need them.  They always answer my phone calls and Kathie responds to emails so quickly.  The things they have taught me about the publishing process are priceless and they always offer words of encouragement and ideas on how to take my books to the next level. 

Yesterday Kathie sent me this link.  Click on it and remember to thank God for your blessings.

Enjoy : )

Awesome Book Trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment