Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Son

My son is 15 years old and trying his best to test authority.  He doesn't feel anyone should be able to tell him what to do; me, my husband, or  his teachers.  We have taken away all his "toys" (X-Box, PS3, laptop, kindle) and offer things for him to "earn" them back.  Yesterday we told him if he would mow the lawn, he could have his laptop back.  Needless to say my husband and I mowed the lawn.  He wants everything, yet he doesn't want to do anything to earn them.  Please say a prayer as we work through this.  I don't want him to hate us, yet I want him to respect us and realize that we are still the adults and the ones that hold the power in this relationship.

Think happy thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. As a person who tested my parents as I got older the one thing that got me was how firm they were. They didn't budge and never made compromises. They never bargained with us. Don't back down. =) Now my Mom is my best friend and occasional Mom when she needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liss. I know we are doing the right thing but it's still hard. :)

      Delete