Monday, July 1, 2013

Death

Last Monday when I came in to work (I have a day job as an Accountant), I found out a man I had worked with for the last 10 years had passed away the Friday before.  When something like this happens, it almost seems surreal, like you just expect the person to come walking in any minute and things will go on as they always have.  I still expect to hear his voice or bump into him in the elevator.  It's just hard to imagine that he is gone -- actually gone and we won't see him or hear his laughter again.

That's the funny thing about death.  It comes when it wants and even though you may be ready for it, the people around you are never ready for it.  Bob was only 54 years old.  The closer I get to 54, the younger that seems.  He was such a wonderful person, always smiling and joking.  I don't think I ever saw him in a bad mood or when he didn't have a kind word to say.

He left behind two boys, both in their early twenties.  They don't know me and I don't know them but I do want them to know their dad will be sorely missed.  He was a great guy and I am proud to say he was my friend.

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment