Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Can you spell S-C-A-M?

As an author with a very public email address, I get my share of freaky and odd emails.  Lately though, I must have gotten on some list because I have had three very similar emails.  Each girl is around the same age and each girl is alone due to the death of her parents, allegedly killed in cold blood.  Read on as I have copied and pasted directly from my email:

This was received on Saturday, June 15th.

Hello My Dearest,

How was your day?  Mine was a little bit cool over here in Dakar Senegal.  My name is Sylvia Konowa.  I'm 24 years old still single and never married.  I am from Liberia in West Africa and presently, I am residing in the orphanage/refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal, as a result of the civil war going on in my country.  I was a first year student of law at the university before the incident that led me into this situation of living in the camp.

My late father, Late Dr. Martins P. Konowa was the personal adviser to the former head of states, also a successful business man import and exporter of Cocoa during his life time, before the rebels attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and father.  Equally, my mother was a senior lecturer at the university before her death, it's only me that is alive now because I am the only child to my parents and I managed to make my way with the help of UN to near by country Senegal, where I am living now.

I would like to know more about you.  Your likes and dislikes, as I love cooking, handball, singing, karaoke, reading, etc.  Your hobbies and what you are doing presently, I will tell more about myself in my next email.

My favorite language is English.  Meanwhile I will like you to call me from 12:30 noon to 4:30 pm.  The Cardinal Office telephone number is .................  Please when you call ask of Miss Sylvia Konowa from Liberia and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel.

Thanks I am hoping to hear from you soonest.
Yours faithfully,
Sylvia

This one was received on Thursday, June 20th

Hello my Dear,

How are you doing, i hope you are in good condition of health.  My name is Miss Aicha Sy, let me write you my biography.  I was born in Sierra Leone in West Africa, I am a single girl of 26 years and I do not have kids but I am presently living in Dakar-Senegal under the church refugee camp, which is neighboring country to my country due to the civil ware and crisis in my country Sierra Leone.

My late father was a politician in Sierra Leone before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my father and my mother together with my only brother in cold blood.  It was only me that is alive because I was in the school outside my village during the incident, now and I managed to make my way to near by country Senegal where I am living now as a refugee camp, they killed my father and my mother together with my only brother in cold blood because my father refused to support their selfish interest in political matters, here is like someone been in the prison, i need to leave out from here and i need a sincere person who can help me and lead me to a new life.

I would like to know more about you before going into details to discuss some important matter with you about my life secret.  What is your age? your job? your likes and dislikes? your hobbies?  I really want to have a good relationship with you, once again a relationship of deep feeling that will construct a mutual understanding between both of us.

In my next email I will tell you more about my self and there is one secret i will like to share with you and also give you the telephone number you will use to call me.  I need to see your picture and looking at your face will only give me joy and happiness.

I wish you happy day,
Sincerely in love,
Miss Aicha Sy

Finally, this was received on Friday, July 19th

Hello friend,

How are you doing together with your job over there in your country?  Hope you had a nice day and that the atmosphere over there in your country is very nice today.  Mine was a little bit warm over here in Senegal.

My name is Cynthia, I am 23 years but age doesn't matter in a real relationship.  I am from Somalia Eastern Africa, 5.4 ft tall, fair in complexion, single (never married) presently i am residing here in Senegal due to the death of my parents that died in cool blood in one morning the rebel attack on our house one early morning due to the political crisis that is going on in my country.  Now i am the only one that is alive.  I run for my life in a near by country here in Senegal.

My late father's name is Dr. Kawasil Denson, he was managing director of Denson Industries Ltd in Mogadishu the capital city in my country before the death of my parent in cool blood.  Now I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal where I am living now in an orphanage home under a Reverend father's care who am using his computer to send these messages to you.  I would like to know more about you.  Your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and what you are doing presently.  I will tell you more about myself in my next message.  Please contact me directly through my private email address .......

Hoping to hear from you soonest, i wish you the very best of good Luck
yours forever,
Cynthia Kawasil

While I like getting emails, be careful what you wish for because things are not always what they seem.  Hmmm, that would make a great book :)
Yours,
R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment