Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

This is a picture of one of the intersections here in Ohio (I copied it from Facebook).  It seems like it has rained everyday for the past month, even though I know it hasn't.  It's almost mid-July.  By this time we are usually looking at brown grass and wishing for rain.  Not so this year. 

I actually enjoy the rain.  I find it very soothing and it makes me want to stay indoors and nap.  Not really fond of thunder and lightning but it doesn't scare me.  Without it we wouldn't have electricity :)  Surprisingly my dogs are not afraid of it.  They bark only because they don't understand.  They don't, however, like going outside to do their business :(

On my drive home yesterday, on the same road, there are six traffic lights in a half mile stretch.  Every other one was out -- I mean completely out.  When the lights are not working at all, people don't know how to drive so the police were there directing traffic.  This is a picture out my office window.  Water had gathered on one section of the street and it was fun watching cars plow through it. 

Well, as we trek on, just remember God promised never to flood the earth again, and Noah started building the ark before it started raining.  What faith!

Have a great day!

R. K. Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment