Monday, July 8, 2013

Tall Ships

On Saturday my family and I went to the Port of Cleveland to see the tall ships.  These come into port usually once a year for a few days.  To stand beside of these massive ships and look at all their beauty is simply breathtaking.  Using your imagination, you can picture pirates on board as the sea and surf splash over the side in search of the next great treasure.

After waiting in line for an hour, we were able to board one of the ships and walk around.  Even though the living quarters were closed off, I got to stand by the helm with the Lake Erie breeze blowing in my face.  Tall and beautiful, it was a visual history lesson.  We are lucky to have the Great Lakes at our doorstep.  The largest body of fresh water in the world, it sure doesn't get the credit it deserves.  I'm so glad we went.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment