Friday, July 5, 2013

Growing Up

Unfortunately my son has inherited my eyesight.  He is near sighted and each year when he goes for a check up, his vision is a little worse than it was last time.  They say this will level out when he is in his twenties and I know it did for me.  I got my first pair of contacts when I was in the 9th grade and wore them until I had LASIK surgery in 1999.  Since my son will be entering the 9th grade in the fall, he asked for his first pair of contacts.

He is very stylish and has the Justin Bieber hairdo, at least that's what I call it, the one where he constantly swings his head to fluff up his bangs, which are way too long.  He had to go today for his first contact fitting so the technician requested we bring a headband because she wanted his hair up and off of his face.  I took the opportunity to take full advantage of the situation.  I looked around the house and found the perfect headband -- hot pink with peace signs all over it. 

I took pictures the entire time to document this epic event -- and to embarrass him later when he gets a girlfriend.  After all, that's what mom's are for : )


 
R. K. Avery
 

No comments:

Post a Comment