Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Isn't Nature Grand?

Do you ever get those emails from people showing the winners of the National Geographic Photo contest?  The photos are amazing and you wonder how in the world a photographer could capture the image at just the right moment.  Nine times out of ten, they leave me breathless and I want to save every single one of them to be used as a screen saver or wallpaper at some point.

I just got one of those emails from my good friend Kelly Cohen.  Kelly and I have been friends since 1998 when we worked together for about a month.  She was a temp called in to help out and the assignment she thought she was going to be doing turned out to be something different so we stood, side-by-side, making copies; 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks.  You see the company I worked for was up for sale and we needed to make copies of all kinds of documents for the due diligence part of the sale process.  Who knew it would turn into a friendship that would last 15 years!

Kelly and I are the same age and always get together for my birthday (in May) and her birthday (in December).  It's funny how much we have in common, two people who were thrown together due to circumstances but now feel like they have known each other forever.

Anyway, here is a picture that was in the email Kelly sent me.  Just look at the colors!   The photographer is GREG LICANDRO.


Here is another one: 


Make some lasting memories and enjoy your day!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1


No comments:

Post a Comment