Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Boss's Day!

Today is Boss's Day.  I'd like to say I'm good and I remembered but the truth is, I had to stop at WalMart this morning on my way to work and I saw the sign, "Boss's Day, Wednesday, October 16th."  Ooops!  Of course the cards were so picked over but I managed to find one that I thought was funny.


This led me to think about Boss's Day and why we have it.  I mean, I don't remember it being around when I was younger.  So, as I often do, I did some digging.  Turns out National Boss's Day was registered with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 1958.  1958!  I am a horrible employee as I think I've only gotten cards for my boss the last couple of years! 

But after a little more research, I found Hallmark did not offer cards to celebrate the holiday until 1979.  That made me feel a little bit better.  But truly, with an employee like me, every day is boss's day :)

May you be the boss of your own self and just for the heck of it, boss someone around today.

Enjoy!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
#RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment