Friday, October 4, 2013

Feeling Scatterbrained

Some days the alarm goes off and I'm ready to hit the ground running.  Then other days I hope I'm dreaming and it really isn't time to get up.  I wonder why that is?  I go to bed around the same time every night but sometimes I feel like if I could just get another hour of sleep I would feel so much better.  Does it have to do with the quality of sleep?  How much you tossed and turned?  How many dreams you had? 



Then once I climb out of bed, kicking and screaming, I drag myself into the shower telling myself once the hot water hits me, I will wake up.  Not so.  On those days when I have to crawl out of bed, nothing seems to help, not even my extra large cup of coffee from my favorite donut/coffee shop.

I hate days like that and I wish I knew what triggered them.  Is it the weather?  I know I always sleep better when it's raining and gloomy but it's not rainy and gloomy all the time but I swear, sometimes I think if I could curl up under my desk, I could take a nap no problem.  lol  Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George slept under his desk and his boss came in and heard his alarm clock ticking and thought it was a bomb.  Gosh, I miss Seinfeld, the show about nothing.


Some of my favorite comedy shows now are Mike & MollyThe MiddleModern Family, New Girl and the Big Bang Theory.  I still love Grey's Anatomy but believe it or not, I prefer to watch it on DVD.  My daughter and I have Grey's Anatomy Marathon weekends where we will sit and watch 7 - 8 episodes in a row.  We haven't done that lately because it's hard to find that type of time but now that the weather is changing, maybe we will plan a day soon.

All time favorite drama would be NCIS.  This past Tuesday was Cote de Pablo's last show as she decided not to renew her contract.  I liked her character Ziva but at least they didn't kill her off, like they did Kate and the first Director, so she can come back.


This is an odd post.  Started out talking about being tired and ended up talking about NCIS and other TV shows.  Weird how the mind works.

Have a great weekend!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment