Thursday, September 26, 2013

To Tweet or Not to Tweet

Ahhhh twitter.  I am on a quest to increase my twitter followers.  I started out the beginning of August at 9 followers.  Pathetic I know.  But because of the big book blast that happened in August, I ended the month at 102.  Not knowing much about twitter, I guess when someone follows you, you are supposed to follow them back.  Since I didn't do this, a couple dropped off and I was down to the double digits once again.


My daughter decided to get involved and we even worked out a verbal contract where she has the potential to make money when my followers get to a certain point.  The more followers I get, the more she can earn because the amount per follower goes up at certain levels.  So now her and I are both working diligently trying to get R. K. Avery more followers.  As of the writing of this post, I am up to 265 followers which is phenomenal.

I have also been following people on my own; fellow authors, publishers, publicists, and others that are in my field, or close to my field.  I figure it certainly can't hurt anything.

It's funny about twitter.  When you think of all these people you don't even know following you, it's a bit creepy.  Who came up with the word follow?  And how often do you post on twitter?  I follow some people who seem to post every few minutes:  On my way to the bathroom -- Now watching TV -- Making lunch --  Lunch was good -- What should I make for dinner? -- Can you eat chicken that expired yesterday?  I am not like that and never will be.

If you are not following me, please do, and I promise to follow you back.  @RKAvery1

Now what is instagram?

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment