Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekend Update

I was under the weather yesterday and didn't get a chance to post to my blog but I'm back today.

First, the diet update.  I lost another 1.5 pounds so I am down a total of 6.5 now since starting on September 3rd.  It's funny how excited I am to weigh in when I know I've been good. 

Now, an update on the Celebration of the Arts, Weekend of the Pooka.  It was awesome!  I just love this event.  Saturday was a little chilly but we did okay.  When first got there we had the sun to our backs so that helped.  Thanks to my daughter, her fiance and their friends for coming out to support me.  My friend Barb and her husband Rich stopped by and we went to dinner afterwards.  So many people stopped by to meet me and grab a bookmark.  These events are priceless on the amount of contacts you make.  Here is a picture of us (excuse the finger) with Cleveland weatherman, Dick Goddard.  He is quite a character.


Sunday the weather was better but sadly the crowd was not.  But we still had fun.  Dan Coughlin, Cleveland sports anchor, was there.  He is very funny.  Here's a picture of Dan and I.  He was really excited to meet me.  Can you tell?


Special thanks to my husband who is my "roadie".  He carries all my stuff and makes sure I have a comfy chair to sit in.  He runs and gets me beverages and fills in for me when I need to use the restroom.  He's also my banker and handles all the money transactions.  Don't know what I would do without him.

Have a great day and keep reading!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@rkavery1

No comments:

Post a Comment