Monday, September 23, 2013

Art in the Village Show

It was time for the annual Art in the Village show at Legacy Village over the weekend and my daughter talked me into going.  We went for the first time about 6 years ago and had a blast.  On that day I remember it being so hot outside, I thought we all suffered from heatstroke.  This year, it was a bit on the chilly side, temps in the 60's, which was more manageable and even allowed for a pit stop at Starbucks to get a hot beverage. 

More than 150 artists come in from all over the country to display their paintings, jewelry, sculptures, ceramics and much more.  There were even a couple of food vendors this year, all of the restaurants represented are located at Legacy Village in case you wanted to pay them a visit after you finished perusing the beautiful art.  There was even a stand selling homemade Kettle Corn and boy did it smell wonderful as it popped. 

Some of the items are a bit pricey, as you can imagine, but also imagine the amount of time it takes to create a one of a kind sculpture or to paint a breathtaking picture.  My favorite is always the wall art, made out of metal or some other industrial fabric woven and shaped into something beautiful.  I went with the intention of "looking" but having started a collection of hand painted wine glasses several years back, I couldn't resist the booth with glasses painted so perfect, I had to take one home with me.

The location for this first class art affair is perfect with all the upscale stores and beautiful streets and decorations.  There was also a live band playing and they were really good.  It was great to spend the day perusing beautiful artwork, taking in the sights and smells and enjoying the day with my daughter and her fiance. 

Mark your calendar and plan to visit next year.

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@rkavery1

No comments:

Post a Comment