Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meet & Greet, A Celebration of the Arts

This weekend is the annual Celebration of the Arts in beautiful Bedford, Ohio.  Several local authors will be there in addition to Dick Goddard, a staple of Cleveland weather for many years.

I was there last year for the first time and had the pleasure of sitting next to Michael Heaton, The Minister of Culture.  He is a great guy and will be there again this year.  To the other side of me was Les Roberts, who, I am proud to say is now a friend of mine.  He has written numerous mystery novels all with northeast Ohio as the backdrop. 

I remember visiting the Artists Tent and seeing a huge painting I loved and when I looked at the price, it said, "You can't afford it."  Made me laugh and it was probably true!

Here is a quick blurb from their website:  The celebration begins Friday with an evening of classical and contemporary music for strings.  The event continues Saturday and Sunday with free hands-on art experiences where children and adults can participate in painting, music exploration, creative writing, origami and many take home crafts.  Book lovers will have the opportunity to meet some of Ohio's most popular authors (check out the author page on their website.  I get top billing).  Fine artists will exhibit and have for sale original works of art.

Come on out, relax and munch on gourmet cuisine.  Hope to see you there!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment