Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Number Three! Yahoo!

I added a new widget to my blog.  You can now elect to subscribe to my blog and each time there is an update, you will be notified which is awesome if you like my content and my writing style.  I know I have a couple of friends who have to remember to go out and look at my blog, and some days I don't write a post, so this will be nice for them.  I tested it to make sure it works so you will see me, R. K. Avery, as a member of my own blog, which is funny to me.  Anyway, spread the word and see if we can build up a following :)

Last night I had the most wonderful phone call.  My publisher called to inform me she finished reading my third book, Reflection in the Mirror, and she is going to present it to acquisitions to offer me another contract, my third with Brighton Publishing.  I can't tell you how exciting this is.  She said, and I agree, she thinks the third book is my best work yet.  I have evolved as a writer and the content and story line is better written and more believable.  I thought the same thing but it's nice to hear kudos from a professional. 


Reflection in the Mirror is a story about a set of identical mirror twins, Marissa and Clarissa Wagner.  One of them mysteriously disappears on her way home from school and the other, who has been left behind, can sense and feel where she is and what she is going through.  It's not as easy as saying, "She's at 123 Main Street" but more like "she's somewhere cold and drafty and she's hungry".  That type of thing.  It's pretty incredible if I do have to toot my own horn.  I did much research for this book because I didn't know a whole lot about twins but they are amazing!  And a few of the characters from the first two books make an appearance and the twist that awaits will shock you!

Have a great weekend everyone.  Stay tuned...

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment