Friday, September 20, 2013

Low Calorie Food Doesn't Have to be Bland

I have not done this before so please bear with me as I tread unknown waters but I would like to devote today's post to a product review.

If you have been following my posts, you know I am on a diet.  When I diet I usually eat some type of Lean Cuisine meal for lunch.  I have tried several and to me, the red sauces were missing an important ingredient (like taste for instance) and the ones that had some type of meat, the meat looked like a mystery meat and more often than not made me gag.  So, after I wrote off almost all of them my favorite turned out to be macaroni and cheese.  I like to put it in the microwave for just a little longer than I should so the edges are burnt and crispy.  But now, I have a new favorite, or should I say favorites!


I have not been contacted by Stouffer's to eat or comment on their food so this is completely my doing and an honest unbiased opinion.  That being said, I love their new line of spring rolls.  I have tried three of the four; fajita style chicken spring rolls, thai-style chicken spring rolls and the one pictured above, garlic chicken spring rolls.  The only one I haven't tried is the sesame ginger chicken spring rolls and that's only because my husband didn't buy them when he went grocery shopping.

This are absolutely, hands down, the best I have had from Lean Cuisine.  I actually dip mine in a little chipotle salad dressing and I feel like I'm splurging and eating something fattening.  The ingredients are wholesome and good for you, the chicken tastes like chicken and they only have 200 calories for three even though the package comes with six in it.  So if you eat the whole thing, it's only 400 delicious calories!  Even my fifteen year old son loves them.

So, if you are looking for something that will awaken your taste buds without putting extra inches on your waistline, check these out.  You will be glad you did!

Here's to healthy eating.

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@rkavery1

No comments:

Post a Comment