Monday, August 19, 2013

So Much Fun!

I always have so much fun playing the role of R. K. Avery and Saturday was a huge success.  Book sales are not the way I gauge the success of a book signing even though I did double my sales from my first one, but I just enjoy meeting my fans.  So many nice folks stopped by to say hello and to hear my story.  People are always fascinated that I was actually kidnapped from a beach at the age of 25 months which is how Be Careful What You Wish For acquired its roots and grew into an 80,000 page novel.

I don't know about you but when I read a book, I form a bond with the characters.  I almost feel like I know them and we are good friends.  When a book ends, many times I'm not ready to say goodbye to the friends I've made.  After all, I've invested many hours "talking" to them through the pages of the book and I want to know what happened next.  I want to know what they are doing and how things are going.  This is how Not My Mother's Son came to be.

My third book, which is at Brighton Publishing right now, is called Reflection in the Mirror.  It is a different story, with different characters, but a few of the characters from the first two books pop their heads in to say hello.  It's a reunion of sorts and it felt good bringing these fictional friends back to life.

No matter what, I hope you enjoy reading my books.  I put a lot of my heart and soul into them for all the world to see.  I hope they keep you on the edge of your seat and I hope you are surprised by what happens.  I like to keep you guessing :)

Here is a pic of me at the meet and greet, book signing.  There will probably be another one next year for Reflection in the Mirror.  Hope to see you there!


R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment