Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life Must Go On

I have not posted on my blog for a week as my brother-in-law passed away last Friday morning, July 26th, at the age of 49 from cancer.  I was out of town and didn't have access to a computer but I needed the time to be with my family and mourn his loss. 

He was just diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer on July 4th.  In March he had a complete body scan and was cancer free.  This just goes to show you how quickly this horrible disease takes over and claims a life.  I was on the phone with my sister a week before he died and he was in the background and he yelled, "I love you Rocky."  That's the last thing he ever said to me and I will never get to hear his voice again.  He will be greatly missed. 

I want to share the poem that was on the inside of the pamphlet handed out at the funeral.  It fits him to a tee. 

A Heart of Gold

A heart of gold stopped beating,
Two shining eyes at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

A million times we've needed you,
A million times we've cried,
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you Home.

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment