Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's so cold outside...

Today is December 12th and it is really cold where I live.  The thermometer in the house registered 9 degrees.  At least it’s not windy which would make it much worse but I did hear on the radio the weatherman said it is the coldest it has been in 20 years.  I find that hard to believe but that’s what they said. 

Anyway, this got me to thinking.  People have sayings that have been passed down from generation to generation and I was curious about the “It’s so cold outside …”sayings.


So I went in search of some cute sayings just to explain exactly how cold it is.  One good one I heard just recently (and this may be a little PG rated) is “It is so cold outside I accidentally keyed someone’s car with my nipples.”  It’s cute.  Admit it.  You smiled.

But let’s get on with some more cute sayings that will hopefully make you smile.

It’s so cold outside …

I’m shivering like a mobster in a tax office.
We had to chisel the dog off a lamp-post.
A local flasher was caught describing himself to women.
You light a candle and the flame freezes.
You open the refrigerator to heat the house.
Your shadow freezes to the sidewalk.
Mailmen and paper boys look out for both dogs and polar bears.
Igloos come with a lifetime guarantee.
The fire hydrant is begging for a dog to pee on it.
The snowman begs you to take him inside at night.
The rock rattling around in your shoe is your toe.

Okay, that’s about it for today.  Stay warm!

R. K. Avery
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment