Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I will be taking a couple days off from the blog to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday.  I thought I would research to find out the date of the very first Thanksgiving.  Here is what I found:  In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as the first Thanksgiving celebration.

I've often said, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It's all about the three F's; food, family and friends.  It is one of the few holidays that we have where no gift buying or gift giving is necessary. 


R. K. Avery would like to wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Count your many blessings and enjoy the day.  Don't overdo it.  Rest, relax, and unwind.  Black Friday seems to be coming earlier and earlier every year.

May you get the big end of the wishbone!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment