Friday, August 15, 2014

Miracles Happen Every Day - Here's Proof!

For those people out there, and I know there are many, who do not believe in a higher power, let me share a story with you.

On Tuesday of this week, my husband was driving down the turnpike and hit a patch of water.  He was in the center lane of a three lane highway and hydroplaned.  His SUV spun around and hit the concrete median which caused it to flip over.  Once it flipped, he skidded along on his roof and hood for quite a ways before it came to a complete stop.  Fearing someone else might do the same thing and hit him, he unbuckled his seat belt and climbed out the window.  Here is a picture of his car taken last night at the impound lot.

He was able to walk away from this, with only MINOR injuries.  He cut his leg which required 10 stitches and he hurt his left shoulder.  No broken bones.  No neck or back injuries.  Let me repeat, he was able to walk away from this with only MINOR injuries.  Whether you believe or not, someone was watching over him. 

You might say, "Well if someone was watching over him, why did he get in the accident to begin with?"  That answer is simple.  My husband has free will, just like all of us, and his free will allowed him to drive a little too fast in the conditions of the day.  He should have been more careful but his free will allowed him to think nothing bad would happen.  When he lost control, someone else took control and saved him from debilitating injuries or even death.  Someone else was there, there is no doubt in my mind.

We drove out to the impound lot on three occasions to gather his personal belongings.  On three occasions we called his personal cell phone and could hear it ringing clear as day, but could not find it.  It was lost somewhere in the vicinity of the dash.  It was so frustrating to hear it ringing and know that it was close but we couldn't get to it.  On the second visit we even had a nice worker from the impound lot help us and he used tools to get into the dash.  Still no success but we could hear it ringing -- the battery was still strong. 

Last night on our third and final attempt to retrieve it, I kept calling it from my phone and it kept ringing.  Three days after the crash the battery was still working.  My daughter and I worked diligently not giving up when all indications were it was lost and could not be found.  Finally, when we removed a piece of the dash, there was a small hole and I stuck my hand in (shoved it really, it was a small hole) and I felt something that moved just a little bit and I knew it was the phone.  I placed a finger on what I thought was the phone and we called it one final time and it vibrated.  I cannot tell you how thrilled we were.  By then it was past 8 o'clock in the evening and the sun was soon to set.  I took off the gloves (we were wearing gloves because there was glass everywhere!) and was able to pick it up between two of my fingers, just enough to tilt it so I could get a better grip.  Out the phone came and I was so happy I could have cried.  Three days trying to locate it, three days of hoping the battery didn't go dead, and many hours of work finally paid off.  As soon as it came out, I looked at my own phone and it was dead.  Completely dead.  No battery life left so I could no longer call it.  Someone, once again, was watching over us and gave us the tools we needed for as long as we needed them. 

So you see, I am a believer.  A believer in miracles.  A believer in the after life.  A believer in God.  How can you not be?

Open your eyes and look around.  There are miracles everywhere.

R. K. Avery