Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Dream to TOP all Dreams!

Please follow me on twitter.  I just reached 800 followers!  @RKAvery1

I had the weirdest dream last night.  I dreamt we were dog sitting for my friend's dog.  We do this quite often for some of our friends and neighbors.  We went to her house and picked him up and brought him back home and it started raining.  We went into the house and my great-nephew (who is 6 years old) was there.  The house was where we lived in the dream but it wasn’t the house we live in. 

Anyway, my nephew opened the door and let the dog out.  I didn’t know it, it was growing late so we all went to bed.  The next morning, I woke up sick as a dog.  I was throwing up and sneezing and I had eye boogers and nose boogers and looked like heck!  I couldn’t decide if I should go to work, call the doctor or go to the hospital.   Time started slipping away and before I knew it, it was after noon.  I still felt awful and I still hadn’t decided what I wanted to do.  So I decided to try and call my boss and it wasn’t  my current boss, but it was a boss I had when I worked at K-Mart in the early 1980’s. 

I tried calling and calling and couldn’t get through.  So then I tried calling the doctor’s office and again, I couldn’t get through (I dream this a lot; numbers don’t work, I get a busy signal, I can’t remember the number or I just dial it wrong).  Finally, around 3 PM I told my husband I was just going to drive to the doctor’s office and see if they would see me because I was really bad off.  I got there and there were several rooms.  One room was for registration, several were examining rooms and another room was where they called you back and told you which room to go to. 

The registration room was packed, people on top of people.  I decided to just by-pass that area and go straight to where they called you back.  There were two young girls sitting behind a desk.  No one else was there and it was very Zen.  A waterfall and music softly playing – the walls were moss green and it was very calming and relaxing.  I asked them if I could see a doctor because I was really sick and they told me I had to go back out and register first.  Around this time I remembered we were watching my friend’s dog and I remembered not seeing it all day and figured it must have gotten out.  I called my husband crying hysterically; first about the dog and then the fact I felt so horrible and couldn’t get anyone to help me.  I told him I was going to come home and we needed to go out and look for the dog.

He told me not to worry about it.  He had started a neighborhood task force and if anyone saw the dog, they were supposed to call us.  He said he had it under control and to stay at the doctors until they could see me.

By this time all I wanted to do was go home.  The line at the registration area was still out of control and it reminded me of those videos you see of the people on Wall Street standing there on that giant floor making hand signals and yelling stuff out so I left.

I looked and felt like heck.  I had no make-up on except smeared raccoon eyes.  I was wearing my pajamas which were covered in puke.  I had boogers coming out of every orifice and to top it off, I was worried sick about my friend’s dog.

So I pull in the driveway and see the dog standing at our front door.  I pick him up and he nervously pees all over me.  I open the door to go into the house and people yell SURPRISE.  My husband was throwing me a surprise birthday party. 

Now is that a dream or what???

If anyone can interpret dreams, what in the world does this mean?

Have great day!

R. K. Avery