Thursday, May 8, 2014

R. K. Avery meets Reckless Roger

Since I am a starving artist (which leads me to a joke my son recently told me.  What's the difference between an author and a bench?  Give up?  A bench can support a family.) my main source of income is at a job for an insurance company.  We provide health care to a large population of the residents that live in northeast Ohio.  I have been fortunate enough to work here for almost 11 years.

Although I work for an insurance company, I do not sell insurance nor do I interact with members or patients.  I work in the finance area and process payroll for our employees.  I’ve been told by many “they couldn’t pay me a million dollars to do what you do.”  I told my boss I would take $500K and he laughed. 

Anyway, the purpose of this blog is to share a photo with you.  Because we are an insurance company, we take protecting the rights and medical information provided by our members very seriously.  Protected Health Information (PHI) is no joke.  Because of this we celebrate a Corporate Compliance and Ethics week each year.  Fun activities are planned (scavenger hunt, contests, quizzes, etc.) and treats are given out (suckers, popcorn and even ice cream!).

We have our own mascot, called Reckless Roger.  He is our "Mr. Mayhem" and creates havoc wherever he goes .  He comes to visit, poses for pictures and gives out autographs. 



So now you know what I do when I’m not spending my time in front of the computer writing a blog or working on my latest book.  Oh yeah, that and watching Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show.  He cracks me up.

Have a wonderful day. 

R. K. Avery
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment