Monday, April 21, 2014

Update on Book #3 - Reflection in the Mirror

Hi there.  Thought I would take a moment to update everyone on the progress of my third book, Reflection in the Mirror.

My publisher sent it back to me last Wednesday and I printed it off and spent many hours over the weekend reading it, re-reading it, and checking for inefficiences and typos.  It's amazing how much you miss when you are the one writing a book.  When I'm in the thick of the creative process, the girl has on a pink sweater on one page and the next page she's wearing a purple sweater.  Or the character pours a cup of tea and on the next page, she dumps the remainder of her coffee in the sink.  It's little things like this that we don't see.  I always try to take a few months before going back over it because it seems like a brand new book to me and I can see and find things I wouldn't normally find if I reviewed it immediately.

But the good news is, it's done!  I emailed it back to Brighton late yesterday.  I am sure they will go through my changes again and then send it back to me for one final check before it's ready to hit the printers.  I should be getting the cover any day now and I can't wait to see it and share it with all of you.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and don't forget it's not about the Easter Bunny.  It's about the King of Kings who has risen!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment