Friday, October 25, 2013

T G I F

Weekends.  The official definition is (I looked it up) the end of the week, especially the period from Friday evening through Sunday evening.  Regardless, most of the working world lives for them.  I remember when I was younger and worked retail.  The weekends were the busiest time for the store and I never had them off.  Hearing TGIF meant nothing to me.  It's much different when you work in the corporate world. 


There are many people who cram pack their weekends with one activity after another and then there are others who put on their jammies Friday evening and don't take them off until they have to on Monday morning.

I think I fall somewhere in between the two, even though my husband would probably disagree :).  I do like getting together with friends, going out to eat and going to see movies.  My favorite thing is book signings.  Something about playing the role of R. K. Avery makes me happy.  Sometimes I accompany my husband when he does the grocery shopping and that always fun, although when I tag along, we tend to spend a little bit more money.  But there's something to be said for sleeping in late, waking up to the aroma of coffee brewing, climbing out of bed, throwing on a pair of slippers and not doing anything.  Of course the days of not doing anything quickly turn into laundry and cleaning, but still, it's nice not to have any plans.



This weekend will be a busy one for me and my family but I hope to kick back on Sunday and do what I love -- nothing!

May your weekends be filled with what makes you happy!

R. K. Avery
www.rkaverybooks.com
@RKAvery1

No comments:

Post a Comment